Friday, July 25, 2014

Five Minute Friday--Finish

Over at Lisa Jo's she gives us an idea(prompt) and we write for 5 minutes.  Just plain 'ole writing.
No editing.  No backtracking.  Nothing more than what comes to mind from the prompt. 

Todays Prompt:
Finish
Go...
Wow.  What a word. I almost didn't write about Finish. 
You see 'Finish' and I kind of have a thing.  It's terrible I know but I don't 'Finish' well.  When I think about it.  I think it is because I am basically a perfectionist.   I get a great idea.
I get all into it and if it doesn't come out like I expect.  I don't finish!  My family is even frustrated with me.  My Cowboy sees projects in various stages (mostly in the sewing room) 
I want everything thing to be what I expect it to be.  Whether it is a quilt or other craft item.  I don't like to make changes or substitute.  I guess it's because I constantly do that in other areas.  Settling for what I would consider 2nd best.  Or not really what I want.  But when it comes to my crafting and mostly quilting I want perfection.  I want the colors just right.
I want my stitching just right.  I want to be proud (not in a vain way) of the quilts I finish.  I just want to be able to show them to someone with no fear of mistakes being found.    I am feeling confident now in my abilities.  And all those quilts that my family think are 'unfinished.'   They aren't.  The tops are 'finished'.  So really that isn't totally unfinished is it?  I guess it is.  I am confident now in my quilting and who knows maybe I'll show them some projects that they will call 'Finished' soon!
Stop

I usually try to spend a little time in my sewing room on Saturdays.  And tomorrow would be a perfect time to Finish something.  But,
I got invited to go to a quilt show tomorrow.  So I'll go and get some inspiration to Finish! 

Linking with Lisa Jo for Five Minute Friday.  Click Here.


2 comments:

Michelle F said...

I understand perfectionism...
There are times I won't start something, or do something, because I'm not sure it will be right.
I am beginning to see it for what it is.

Linda@Creekside said...

May you take great joy in the next project that you take to completion as you remember these words you penned in all of 300 seconds!

;-}

Happy Valentines Day

Happy Valentines Day
Word of the Month Love