Pages

Sunday, November 29, 2015

Sunday Sketch-Christmas Gift

I am not an artist.  But I'm making an attempt to be one to make a special gift for my daughter for Christmas . . . 
                       T:
This is the sketch I'm working on tonight.  Very simple.  Very crude.

I'm doing this years gift on card stock dividers that I am folding in half.  You can see the hole.  I think they are cool because I'll add 
washi tape to the dividers to 'spiffy' them up. 

I'm kind a going with an altered book idea.  We'll see how it turns out. 

I'll be adding water colors to this sketch.  

I've moved my journaling/lettering/doodling supplies from the closet to a table in our bedroom.   I've also moved the computer from the living.  (I use it for inspiration)

Here are a few of my pencils and pens in vintage containers. 
T:
This container (from the '70's) was a flower pot that my father had a plant in.  
It holds my marker 'type' pins.  I'm learning to look for fine tips when I buy. 
T:
Opps a little blurry.  Sorry.  This sweet little container I received with flowers when our son was born in 1979!  It's holding my ink pens.  

And one more pic. to share a new set of pencils that I'm not real happy with.  Actually I'm not totally happy with any of my markers or pens.  
But check this one out . . . 
T:
This is the lavender color I used in the middle part of the sketch just below the words.   I don't see any metallic.  I was expecting cool shiny.  It's not!

This entire set of pencils is very, very light.  I bought them marked down at Hobby Lobby.  

I quess.  I really need to invest in better tools.   But, I think I need 
Alot more practise! 

           So are you making an gifts this year?


Linking with Sunday Sketch

7 comments:

Christine said...

beautiful start, everyone's an artist I think, you just create something that pleases you.

Molly the Airedale said...

We love your sketches. You are a very creative peep!

Denise said...

great sketch

Linda Kay said...

With moving, I haven't had the time to make any gifts this year, so am buying them instead. If I make something I want it to be special, and that takes a big commitment, right? Good for you for working on a "personal" gift.

Michelle said...

You are a better artist than I am.
The birds look great!

Earlier this year I bought several items at Michael's.
I believe some, if not all, were on sale.
I even bought an artist bag to hold my supplies...lol
Art sure helps to get out of the holdrums, when you need a pick me up.

(early) Merry Christmas!!

stefanie stark said...

Oh I love your little birds so much and I can not agree to your statement that you are not an artist. You ARE an artist!!!! These birds have so much character and I love it to look at them! I hope I will see some more soon. I like it as well to see how you store your pens in the lovely pots. I would love to make some d.i.y. gifts for christmas but I fear I will not have anough time because I have to go to work each day. But I'm currently creating some christmas gift tags.

GalleryJuana said...

I love your card design and drawing! And I enjoyed seeing all your materials - oodles of inspiration.
thanks for the sunday sketches visit.